To start, thank you to everyone who has made 2011 such an exciting and rewarding year for us at Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated. The past year surprised us with more than we ever thought to ask for as 2011 ended. As the new year has now begun, we are so pleased to look to the future with such gratitude for the ongoing friendships we maintained with our costa rican business counterparts, the continued support demonstrated by return clients who vacationed with us again in 2011, and the new level of confidence first-time clients found in our company over the last year.
In first reflecting on the past year, we must directly thank each and every individual who has provided us with such valuable feedback regarding their vacation experience (including reviews and comments of tour operators, hotels, transportation services, restaurants, etc.). Without this information, our recommendations would be just that – our recommendations – and, although we are always more than happy to share these with our blog readers, we would much rather act as a medium giving voice to the experiences of the larger population of travellers getting to know and falling in love with beautiful costa rica! So thank you – clients and travellers – for not only letting us know what you think, but for enabling us to plan higher-quality vacations for others based on your first-hand knowledge.
A review of 2011.
As a result of your support – whether that be reading this blog and liking our posts, or allowing us assist you throughout the vacation-planning process – we are proud to announce the following accomplishments we worked hard to achieve in 2011.
1. NEW PARTNERSHIPS with Costa Rican companies. 2011 was a huge year for us. We were able to secure many new associations with Costa Rican companies, providing our clients with broader databases through which they can select their vacation items. In addition to now being able to offer a greater selection of vacation items, we also expanded our databases to include transfer discounts (http://www.costaricatransferdiscounts.com) in addition to our tour discounts (www.costaricatourdiscounts.com) and our hotel discounts (www.costaricahoteldiscounts.com).
2. New partnerships = MORE DISCOUNTS! As a direct result of working with more companies throughout 2011, the number of discounts we currently offer travellers has increased significantly from the start of the year. Since we are always working hard to add more and more discounts to our numerous databases, we can’t wait to see how many more discounts will be added over the next 12 months.
3. Tour, hotel, and transfer discounts = COSTA RICA VACATION PACKAGES! Once we began offering discounts for transportation services in Costa Rica, it became obvious that we had the makings of some great costa rica vacation packages – each full of Pura Vida! eh? discounts! As a result, we built many new vacation packages offering travellers numerous means of exploring Costa Rica. The vacation packages were built to accommodate travellers’ unique travel preferences and needs – including packages that start and end from Costa Rica’s two international airports (San Jose and Liberia), packages that range in duration, price, destinations visited (such as Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Tamarindo, and Tortuguero – to name a few), and packages that offer everything from volcano hikes, white water rafting, and ziplining, to wildlife spotting, national park tours, time to relax on the beach, and more (www.costaricapackagediscounts.com).
4. The maintenance of our DONATION PROJECT! While it wouldn’t be fair to rank this specific accomplishment as more significant than the rest, we consider it to be a milestone in a league of its own. Via our “Travellers For…” Donation Project (for which we at Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated donate a portion of our earnings per client to various deserving organizations and initiatives worldwide), we have placed 725 donations since January 1st, 2011.
5. Our listing, reviews, recommendations, and support on TRIP ADVISOR! In August of 2010, Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated was awarded its own site on Trip Advisor for the tours it offers. Since then, clients have been able to write formal reviews of our services and their experiences with Pura Vida! eh? on TA. As a result, we have received an outpouring of support on the site (most notably in 2011) – another reason we owe our clients a big thank-you for their encouragement throughout the past year. To visit our page on Trip Advisor, view our Trip Advisor ranking, and/or to read clients’ reviews, please visit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g309226-d1861364-Reviews-Pura_Vida_eh-La_Fortuna_de_San_Carlos_Arenal_Volcano_National_Park_Province_of_Alajuela.html
Now that the new year is here, it’s time to decide what can be done to make the end of 2012 as rewarding (or even more so) than 2011. Below are some of our predictions and resolutions for the next 12 months.
1. Even MORE DISCOUNTS! Given that 2011 was such a big year for Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated in the way of developing additional partnerships with hotels, tour operators, and transportation service providers in Costa Rica, we look forward to adding more and more discounts to our various discount databases!
2. Going INTERNATIONAL! Perhaps one of the most recurrent comments we receive as feedback from clients is that they wish they had found Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated sooner. Although many clients reserve entire vacation packages through Pura Vida! eh?, others find us after they have already reserved their hotels and/or transportation services and are simply in need of tour discounts. In an attempt to help travellers find us earlier on in the trip planning process, we are going international! A major goal of ours throughout 2012 is to get involved with a number of international travel shows and fairs to best promote the countless Costa Rica discounts that truly are available! We have currently assisted travellers from 10 different countries – we hope to see you in YOUR country soon!
3. Greater COMMUNITY PRESENCE & continued DONATION PROJECT PROMOTION! Perhaps this resolution goes without saying. In 2011, we maintained our titles of being a “Green Alliance” Partner with Save the Turtles, a sponsor of “Junior Knights Hockey” and a change maker through PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). Throughout 2012, Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated plans to re-evaluate the organizations and initiatives we currently support via our donation project in order to identify areas that could use additional support. From here, we plan to add new non-profits and great initiatives to our list so we can spread out our donations over a number of great causes. Want to suggest a great organization we should add to our list of organizations we donate to? Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or else comment on this post!
4. Additional websites, blogs, & NEW ONLINE DIRECTIONS! Upon first glance, it might appear that Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated is limited to our primary site – http://www.puravidaeh.ca – however the company actually owns and operates 13 different websites. In looking towards the future, hope to develop each of these websites further in order to provide the most in-depth network of costa rica resource websites available.
Overall, we are excited for costa rica travel in 2012. Given all that we will have going on at Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated over the upcoming year, we look forward to being able to impress you with our new accomplishments once 2012 comes to an end and we ring in 2013. Once again, thank YOU for making it all possible.