NOTE: The content on this page was last updated on May 19th, 2017.
Success is all about precision. You don’t need to be the best at something to be successful at it; you simply need to be precise.
Take sports, for example. You don’t need to have kissed the Stanley Cup or earned a Super Bowl ring to win a game. You need know-how and technique to play, as well as talent and skill to conquer your opponent, and that’s about it. You may not be the greatest person to have ever stepped on the field or ice, but if you’re good – consistently and meticulously good – you can achieve greatness. Victory, then, has just as much to do with the practice of preciseness throughout a game than it’s end score. In other words, success is a testament to our investment in a challenge more so than anything we could possibly get out of it.
Remember grade school? When teachers wished not for us to outperform other students but to simply “try and do our best”? At its most basic level, success requires trying, and if we’re lucky, it brings out the best in us. The same principle applies to good, honest, humble business. At Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated, we’re proud to say that our hotel, tour operator, and transportation service provider partners are superstars – not because any one company is better than another, but because they try their best, time and time again. This usually brings out the best in them, and, without a doubt, brings out the best in us.
That’s all we can really ask for. Our business partnerships are reciprocal relationships (or better yet, reciprocal friendships), that allow us to practice give and take with others. This means that we rely on each other. A lot. When a company we work with needs something from us, we give it. When we need something from them, we get it. We’re like grown-up kindergarteners who share our boxes of crayons with one another on a daily basis. We enrich each others’ work and bring color to each others’ lives. Sometimes that’s all it takes to create a bigger, more beautiful picture.
So what does all this talk about precision and success have to do with our business and the partnerships we have chosen to make? Apart from the obvious – that we wouldn’t be the company we are today without the support of our hotel, tour operator, and transportation service provider partners – we realize that there are so many companies out there that strive to do what we do and are less successful at it simply because they do not have the contacts that we are fortunate enough to have established. We’re pretty lucky ducks – not only do we get to correspond on a daily basis with some of the most friendly Costa Ricans you will ever meet, but we are surrounded by a network of dependable and trustworthy workers. Sure, nobody is perfect and mistakes happen, but we look for preciseness – not perfection – in the companies we choose to work with. Combine this with a hearty helping of humble pie and we sleep pretty well at night knowing that our values are maintained, our priorities are in line, and our travelling clients are well taken care of.
To you all, perhaps you go above and beyond your work duties to make our clients’ experiences extraordinary, or you make our day a little brighter by offering friendly communication. Regardless of any one specific action that may have caught our attention and made us smile throughout our time working together, the truth is, we are able to conduct our work to the best of our abilities because you precisely try your best, and for this we could not be more grateful.
SALUD (cheers!) to the companies and individuals that we are happy to have as business partners and proud to call friends.
Note: We have done our best to compile a complete list below, however we extend our sincerest apologies to any faithful partners that we have missed. In addition, we have included the names of company employees who have been particularly helpful and reliable, however this is not to suggest that other employees are any less valuable (there are simply too many great workers to note!). We also may have included the names of employees who are no longer with the company. In these cases, we thank the workers for their past assistance!
In alphabetical order (by company name):
- Daniela and Sonia at 100% Aventura
- Gordon at Adventure Tours CR
- Wendy at Amigos Del Rio
- Nathalie, Evelyn and Michael at Arenal Kokoro
- Randall and Anyuli at Arenal Manoa
- Karen and Mariam at Arenal Mundo Aventura
- Ronald and Estelia at Arenal Natura Park
- Miguel at the Arenal Springs Resort
- Betsabe, Esmeralda, Cindy and Brian at Buena Vista Lodge
- Mauricio, Carolina and Diego at Calypso Cruises
- Oscar, Maricela, Nicole, Tatiana, Katherine, Lexie, Abigail, Tania, Ivonne, and Rommel at Canoa Aventura and Maquenque Ecolodge
- Carolina at Casa Del Mar
- Milton and Elieth at Casona Rio Fortuna
- Simon at Conchal Hotel
- Christine, Suresh, Daniela, Daisy, David, Diego, Leo, Danny, Bryan, Roy, Geovanny, Yency, Maichal, William and Ruddy at Desafio Adventure Company
- Cristina at Don Juan Coffee Tour
- Viviana, Roger, and Sylvia at Ecotrans Costa Rica
- Yalile at El Establo
- Eliomar at El Silencio Del Campo
- Marjorie and Jairo at El Trapiche Tour
- Diego at Expediciones Tropicales
- Miguel, Yency, Carolina, Andrea, Monica and Veronica at Exploradores Outdoors
- Johanna and Jorge at the Falls Resort
- Ana and Adriana at Fourtrax Adventure
- Sandy at the Gaia Hotel and Reserve
- Leo, Edwin and Sharon at H2O Rios Tropicales
- Johanna and Susan at Hotel Arenal Jireh
- Paula, Cindy and Gaby at Hotel Buena Vista
- Lisbeth at Hotel Campo Verde
- Federico and Yanory at Hotel Cerro Lodge
- Manrique at Hotel Fonda Vela
- Andrey and Manfred at Hotel Mariposa
- Jennifer and Chip at Hotel Mono Azul and Kids Saving The Rainforest
- Gabriela and David at Hotel Playa Espadilla
- Javier and Nelson at Hotel Plaza Yara
- Isabel at Hotel Poco a Poco and Monteverde Country Lodge
- Josue and Manuel at Hotel Presidente
- Randall at Hotel Verde Mar
- Diego, Silvia and Jennifer at Interbus
- Gina and Jorge at Laguna Lodge
- Larissa and Damian at La Mansion Inn
- Mike and Jonathan at La Posada Jungle
- Jason, Jackelin and Noribeth at La Pradera Del Arenal
- Cody at Lodge Las Ranas
- Juan, Pablo & Edgar at Manuel Antonio Expeditions and Aguila Tours
- Alejandro, Javier, Bryan, Elieth, & Yazmin at Mapache Rent-A-Car
- Jeff, Cinthia and Jonathan at Marlin Del Rey
- Eugenia and Julio at Mawamba Lodge
- Johenny and Maria at Midworld Costa Rica
- Ignacio, Cinthya and Keilor at Montana de Fuego
- Jose, Argerie and Ernesto at Monteverde Rustic Lodge
- Heiner and Ana at Monteverde Villa Lodge
- Milton, Randall, Santos, Alonso and Alcides at Planet Dolphin
- Cristian at Pure Trek
- Violeta, Sandra, Roy and Mario at Royal Corin
- Clemence at Samara Pacific Lodge
- Daniella and Scarleth at Selvatura
- Antonio, Jennifer and Karolina at Shuttle Bus CR
- Irenia, Evelyn and Dennys at the Si Como No Resort
- Tadeo, Nuria, Luis, Marlene, Alexandra, and Yazmin at Sky Adventures
- Andrea and Yorllinela at the Springs Resort and Spa
- Kathya, Yahaira, and Enrique at Tamarindo Diria
- Byron, Manuel and Abel at Titi Canopy Tour
- Suzy, Dan and Miguel at Villa Decary
- Leonardo at Villa del Sueno
- Henry at Villa Vanilla
- Wendy and Karina at VIP Costa Travel
- Adriana at Volcano Lodge
- Lucy at the Xandari Resort
If you’re more of a visual learner, take a moment to view our gallery photos below introducing some of our great partners!
QUESTION TO COMMENT ON: Have you had a great experience with a Costa Rican company or one of their representatives? We’d love to hear about it!